Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Canteen Craziness

So today I decided to eat on campus. The closest canteen to my classroom building is for teachers, but students are allowed to eat there too. The food is a little better, a tiny bit more expensive and people wait in line better. So I usually eat there. Today, I was planning on going there for lunch with my Mexican classmate Josimar but he told me that the system of payment had changed. Instead of just paying at each booth with you student card, quite easily after pointing to what I want, I must tell a cashier at the front, where I want to get food from and how much money worth of food, pay him, he gives me a receipt and then I can go and ask for my food at the booth that is written on my receipt.
Evidently this is because the teachers were complaining that too many students were eating in the "Teacher's Canteen," but the management likes the students eating there because they make more money. So making it more difficult for everyone to eat there was the compromise.

1 comment: