Sunday, August 1, 2010

Engrish

So I'm going to post some new photos here, both were taken and western stores in here in Shenzhen.
Everyday I see interesting English, and I should really document it better. But here are two that I had the presence of mind to snap photos of on my phone.
We all shop at Walmart, no matter how "slow food", "local only" and sustainable you are, the truth is we all shop at Walmart, whether it is because they have the stereo we want for $100 cheaper than the local store, or because they are open 24 hours, we go there some people more often than others. The Great Value brand is ubiquitous for the budget conscious and brand savvy alike. Here is a Great Value product that we should really start petitioning for in the States.

We just moved apartments, closer to the water and right across the water from Hong Kong. I'll have photos of that later. But as a result of moving we needed to make some purchases at Ikea. While ordering delivery for all the items that we bought my friend Chrizelle and I were observing the rates for Kitchen installment and were impressed that there were certain allowances on delivery:
I'm so glad our Sikh friends can receive door to door delivery.
China is really becoming quite tolerant.

No comments:

Post a Comment