Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why No One Should Worry About China.


So about three weeks ago I was on the bus travelling home and I saw a normally dressed office working man speaking on his mobile phone. He repeated himself, and then repeated a motion that we all are familiar with, he moved the phone from the side of his face to in front of his face, although instead of speaking directly into the receiver he spoke directly into the speaker. I laughed to myself, thinking how much more advanced of a creature I am compared to him. The only problem is, that since I saw this man do that, I've seen many Chinese people do this, speaking directly into the speaker.
Something you have to understand about Shenzhen, where I live - is that all of Apple's mobile devices are made here in Shenzhen, also almost all the iPhone knockoffs are made here. There are many other phones made here, but not in the quantity that Apple has going on here. So regardless, this is a high-tech savvy city.
My biggest concern, or question is:
How and Why do we let all these people make the majority of our telephones, when they don't even understand how to use them properly?
One of many reasons I really don't feel like anyone in the West should be too terrified of China taking over the world.
Who we should really be worried about is India.
But that's a long topic for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe they don't want the oil from their face to touch the phone and then retouch their face?!?! I dunno...just a thought. ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete