Tuesday, August 3, 2010

try this on

Today I was in Walmart, purchasing wood screws and tools to help me assemble our Ikea furniture, and I walked by a product demonstration. These happen frequently, we are all familiar with the Vitamix demos at Costco on the weekends. In China there are many product demonstrations in the Walmart and Sam's Club, until today my favorite one was demonstrating how to use a mop and bucket. Today I saw a demo-girl(attractive girls in special uniforms, with head-sets and a speaker on their waist like a fanny pack to amplify their voice) demonstrating how to use the laundry hamper that came as a free gift with the purchase of a large bottle of laundry detergent. That's right. Laundry hampers are few and far between here, and demonstrating what it is used for by crumpling and putting hand-towels and socks in it and that it can be folded and put away when not in use. Oh yeah. Just another reason no one should be afraid of China taking over the world.
Step 1: Soil something.
Step 2: Place in hamper.
Step 3: Move hamper close to washing apparatus.
Step 4: Place soiled articles in washing apparatus.
Step 5: Fold hamper conveniently when not in use.
Then the process begins again.

I never knew there were five steps to using a laundry hamper.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA HA ... well shoot.. I need to run out and get some cause I have clothes EVERYWHERE... oh dear

    ReplyDelete