Friday, May 14, 2010

From the great land of China

These first few days in China have gone by quick. After cleaning my parents apartment and helping with a few English classes, I'm trying new foods and I have about eight Chinese words memorized(Hello, Left, Right, Straight Ahead, I'm sorry, Don't Mention it, Mom, Dad).
I ate Dragonfruit on Monday night and it was really good - I've also eaten Mangosteen, Lychee and Sweet Potato Noodles.
It is so humid and hot - which I haven't experienced in quite sometime, especially since summer was slow in coming to Utah this year.
My flight here was rather eventful but that drama soon faded, crossing the border with 5 iPads proved not difficult at all. They didn't even check the car. Now when I go out I feel like a movie star because everyone stares and says hello to me, not gonna lie - right now I like the attention - but I'm sure it will wear on me.
The air is heavy with humidity and often the smell of sewer. But other than that, my world is still new and exciting. I haven't ridden the public transport yet - just taxis. When I am brave enough to ride the bus and rapidly expanding metro I'm sure that will be a whole new ordeal to write about.
I've participated in the Kindergarten class, yesterday we played with water with Chris and Wilton. Both are cute kids.

2 comments:

  1. We miss you already. You sound like you are adjusting well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in you, Rachel Ekitzel Wood! :) Get as many friends as you can and if you want more, give them my number and I will brag non-stop :) (as one of my good friends once told me) :)

    ReplyDelete