Tuesday, April 27, 2010


Fourteen days left until I move to China.
It is difficult to believe.
I received my visa last week and my ticket is bought.
I received my new luggage yesterday from UPS.
Right now I'm up in the air about whether to bring all my camping gear with me. In general I want to bring it, but I have this sinking feeling that I'll have the best intentions, but never actually use it.
I'm moving to a city called Shenzhen, it is situated right on the border with Hong Kong and is growing much faster than Hong Kong. It is a city of about 8.5 million people.
I'm going to work at my Mom's English School that she started last year and study Mandarin at Shenzhen University starting in Fall 2010. I'm also hoping for an internship in Hong Kong during the summer.
Either way, I've got a list of adventures planned, so sit back and enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing story you're making of your life! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! this is awesome! i'm so excited for you and want to go to china too!

    ReplyDelete