Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Can't Sleep

So I realized that this time a year ago I was debating taking up skiing or snowboarding.
A few weeks later I decided instead to move to China.
I didn't even realize that I needed a change so badly. Not that a desire to take up expensive winter sports is a sign that your life is boring. But for someone like me that enjoys cheap thrills, it should have been a a flashing Vegas style sign that I was not being challenged enough. Not that learning how to gut and fillet fish on your weekends isn't fulfilling, but I needed something altogether challenging. When I'm a little scared each time I walk out the door that something isn't going to go according to plan(because it usually doesn't).
I'm really glad I decided to buy a plane ticket instead of a snowboard. I think it suits me better.
Because I think everyone can tell you, I fall down way too easily to secure both my feet rigid objects on slippery surfaces.
As for new steps...
I bought my first CD by a Chinese artist today. Han Geng 韩庚, he used to be a member of the Korean boy band Super Junior, but now he's gone SOLO, and I bought his album. So the music video for the single from this album is a little weird, but I'm just so happy that I understand like three lines of the lyrics that I don't care. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I totally studied Chinese while I was there by translating out lyrics printed in a CD jacket. I loved it, way better than any school exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete